Friday, October 12, 2012

My Fight with Overeating

I started this blog with the idea that I would post crafts and ideas that I did from around the house.  As you can see that has not happened as often as I would like and I had planned to let my blog go down.  However recently I have decided to take some steps to control my overeating.  I am planning to "journal" these feelings and decided to put them here. 


11 October 2012
10:14am

Today when I stepped on the scale I found myself disgusted with the fact that this week I have put on four pounds.  I started the week at 209.9 and wanted to be at 208.8 by the end of the week.  I have let myself eat whatever, whenever I wanted.  I discovered there is an Overeaters Anonymous meeting at at a church not far from where I work on Monday I am going to go.  I need to get my overeating under control.
There are times I don't even like what I am eating but I just can't seem to stop.  This is cumpulsive and unhealthy.

At 10:20 this morning I realized I was hungry and stated to eat peanut butter off a spoon (not a good snack).  I put the spoon down before eating it and felt a small sense of pride.  I know this sounds silly but if you have dealt with overeating at all this really is a success.  I have decided between meals, if I get hungry, I will write out what I am feeling and keep my hands busy. 

Current feelings: I have a headache and am frustrated with a potential sinus infection.

My regular lunch time is 36 minutes away and I am going to make it!


Update: I did make it to my regular lunch time with out snacking.  I also ate only half the lunch and took the rest home for dinner.  I did eat unhealthy snacks last night but I lost almost two pounds, just by not eating all the time.

Goal for Friday: Go to the gym and walk for at least 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment