Saturday, November 24, 2012

Dry Erase Town

So I did this a few weeks ago for my little Boom and Bug.

They love it!  All you need are:

1. A cheap see through plastic shower curtain (got mine at Walmart for $2.33)
2. Permanent marker
3. A black  (or any color) paint markers
4. If you have no drawing skills like me: web access to this awesome site: http://howtodraw.123peppy.com
 - It is technically a step by step drawing site for kids and that is right at my skill level!


It took me an hour, mostly because I watched the videos and drew my town step by step from the videos.  I then went over it with paint pens because dry erase markers wipe off permanent marker from plastic (good thing to know if your little ones ever draw on things they shouldn't - which of course mine never do!

Now they can color while I cook, play little people town. run cars over it or mix of all three.  Boom has had hours of fun with this and it cost me $2.33 and an hour of my time after the girls went to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment